09 October 2012

Taiwan Day 2

Lol at Cheesie hahaha. Need to so carefree or not haha. And this Wendy, strutting like Bitch, i'm fabulous haha. And we have Audrey~ ^.^ Four of us in Taiwan~!!!

This was our day two in Taiwan ^.^ Thanks to Expedia! I get to eat (the tremendous amount of street food) and see Taiwan!!! =DDD Been wanting to visit Taiwan so much before this trip!

After Josh saw my last post and all my instagram pictures (follow me @bongqiuqiu if you haven't thank you =D) he say wanna go to Taiwan for our honeymoon late this year or next year ^.^V

Very super happy becox i think he will enjoy it lah!!! Like all the street food and culture (people speak in Hokkien (they call it min nan yu i think) sometimes and i think that's quite 亲切 for me!

So the next time i fly to Taiwan i wanna book my airfare and hotel with Expedia!!!

They're gonna hold a global hotel SALE of up to 60% from 9th - 22nd October! Taipei and Tokyo hotels are gonna be included in the sale so keep a look out for it if you have travel plans okay!

You can follow Expedia on Facebook or on Twitter to keep track of their updates and promos!

Expedia works with 400 airlines and 150,000 hotels so wherever you're thinking of flying to, and wherever you wanna stay, you can book through Expedia! Bon Voyage!

Oh hello~ Lolol Cheesie look very ke lian at the back.

Us at a Lu Rou Fan (braised pork with rice) shop for lunch. Apparently it has a 40 year history.

Indeed quite yums!!! Thou i'd love the kind that is slightly more lean and minced! After lunch..

We head for..

HELLO KITTY CAFE

=D

Audrey super happy one when we reached. She does this like hyperventilating sound combined with a growl like this, when she's excited lololol. I don't know how she does it exactly lol!!

One of me! =D

Kitties Kitties ^.^

 Kitty and QT =D Omg a bit erxin this caption "Kitty and QT" QT is me btw lol. Qiu Ting.

The part of the cafe where i like most. Cox i just know it'd be a perfect backdrop for camhos. Lol.

On the second floor of Kitty Cafe, there is a chamber/ nook kind of seating area. Quite cute lah.

Wendy and Cheesie ^.^

Me and Audrey ^.^

My strawberry smoothie with Hello Kitty face!

It's looks cute but it taste quite... =X Like a sour cup of lassi or something. Some words of advice for you all who are thinking of visiting the Hello Kitty cafe in Taiwan okay! Just.. Don't expect much from the taste of the food and dessert! Just go there, take it as you're paying for entrance fee to camho and looksee! Lolol. Like this you'd make a happy trip there and back! =D

The pretty-looking Hello Kittyramisu lolol.

Audrey's dessert. Cute hor!

Cheesie's cheese tart. What do you expect? Lolol.

Me and Hello Kitty Tiramisu!

The toilet also quite cute lah! Got one very nice couch like this! Me, Cheesie and Audrey! =D

Wendy, me and Audrey~ ^.^

Us four. Turn out blur but that's the only group picture i have of us in the Hello Kity cafe.

After Hello Kitty cafe we head for manicure and pedicure.

Tried soft gel for the first time!!! For like 840 NT. Which is.. Like 38 SGD.

Quite love it!!! I think i will keep doing soft gel!!! =D

And then we went to the "Street of Fortune Telling" which is at a subway outside Xing Tian Gong (Xing Tian Temple) and it'd be a fun thing to do with your friends but just remember to ask specific questions until you get answers lah. We all four so giggly and hyped we bascially just went in to squeal each time the fortune teller say we gonna have how many babies. Lolol. LOL at Audrey's LOLmeme face btw. Haha. And i will have 1 girl 1 boy! Not bad.

We were told their night market closes only at 2am =OOO So good one!!!! We went to the MOST famous night market in Taiwan!!! Shilin night market! ^.^

You can find all sorts of Taiwan specialty snacks and some clothes also lah!

One of Taiwan's trademark, bubble tea =) Quite cheap also lah.

Them girls looking happy with food.

Me being greedy. Later on i got even more snacks! More than my ten fingers could hold O.O

Ew. Audrey with chicken feetsssssss =OO Lolol. It's just.. I never thought still got young people will eat chicken feet one =X Lolol. And the whole night nobody wanna share what Audrey buy becox her choice of food all a bit.... Hahaha.

BBQ white corn.

Wendy at some tea cart.

Me trying to steal a picture where there is authentic Taiwan feel (which is the bubble tea cart sign/ menu board) until Cheesie the photobomb comes along.

Oh hi~

Taiwan really is every corner there's food one lor! But i don't appreciate innards so i can't try everything i see but there's still a lot of food waiting for me to try! =D

One with Audrey~ The chicken-bone picker. Lol. We have like one bag of chicken cutlet to share, she keep picking up the pieces with bones. Funny die. All of us don't have that problem fhl.

Another thing i love about Taiwan is their shop names always very punny haha.

Smelly Tofu!!! Really smelly!!! I don't say? Lolol.

Octopus legs or tentacles or whatever you call it. Quite nice leh!!! But we can't finish cox we had so much food already!!

Da Chang bao Xiao Chang which means big intestines wrap small intestines. I tell you first in case you suaku like us! It actually means a tube of glutinous rice like this, shaped like a sausage and then use that to wrap a sausage. Kinda like replace a hotdog bun with that.

Walk along the shops and saw these marshmallows ^.^

I am sure they all look and taste good.. EXCEPT..

Poop marshmallow hahahaha. Now all they need is a fly.

More skewers along the way.

OMG kill me. Sweetest fresh fruits. I love love love Taiwan mangoes leh!! Sweet and fragrant one!!

And then we went for supper at Yong He (Singapore also have one!) soya bean milk and Yutiao king. Okayish only! I suggest you can go to any soya bean milk and yutiao store!

Then later we went to another locaton that is near Yong He, for supper.

=X Not say very nice but it's really cheap!!!

Alright thank you Taiwan!!! Thank you Expedi! Will update more when i can!!! We are in Japan now by the way!!! =DDD It's loveeee here!!!!! =DDDD Everything also super cute!
Check out Expedia if you're gonna travel!!!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! So much yummy food! Suddenly I am hungry :D Looks like a fun place full of plenty delicious street food! I will have to put it on my travel wish list! <3 Thanks for the post and all the lovely info and pictures! Keep having fun! :D

Shely said...

The pics are so nice they make me wanna go taiwan!!

ANGEE said...

Omg! Look so yum! Especially the chicken feet! Chicken feet so goood!!

A piece of sky ♫ said...

you guys are awesome!! :))

Bel said...

I love taiwan! I just went earlier this year and I planned a 11-day trip on my own. You should definitely venture out of taipei (if you haven't before). Very easy to go free & easy! The trains/bus go everywhere. I don't like shilin ye shi as much as other night markets... so you will probably LOVE the other night markets if you liked shilin!! haha. If I knew you, I'll give you so many tips if you are really going Taiwan for honeymoon!! I'm always telling my friends to go taiwan.

Bel said...

I love taiwan! I just went earlier this year and I planned a 11-day trip on my own. You should definitely venture out of taipei (if you haven't before). Very easy to go free & easy! The trains/bus go everywhere. I don't like shilin ye shi as much as other night markets... so you will probably LOVE the other night markets if you liked shilin!! haha. If I knew you, I'll give you so many tips if you are really going Taiwan for honeymoon!! I'm always telling my friends to go taiwan.

Anonymous said...

Hi, may i know where did you get your brown bag? It's pretty! :D Thanks~

Mrs Chong said...

how much are the fruits???LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!

and chicken feet is yums!! Aud, bring me go with u, I share with u. =P Ok, what other things she bought first? Scared.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! All of you looking super duper gorgeous and happy!!!!!!!!
Fun funnest trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!

HitomiNeko said...

waaa laaa.. u made me miss taiwan so much~ so jelly of u girls. I really want a all girls trip too ~

xoxo HitomiNeko xoox
http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hmm chicken feet! :)
a lot of young people eat it actually, i think it's the food culture of some countries- in hk, chicken feet is a must have in yumcha...i don't think i ever had yumcha without chicken feet!! whereas in singapore, it's not very common.

Wann said...

A very interesting post…I guess I would be buying a lot of food too if I ever visit the night market or.force my friend to share with me.lol
May I know what model of camera are you using? The photos are really nice :)

Anonymous said...

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE RAINBOW TOP FROM?! ITS NICEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please share! :3

Anonymous said...

hello, may i know where you get the rainbow top from??

Elise Mooijman said...

Those kitty deserts look so cute! I had never thought Taiwan would be this nice :D would definitely like to visit both Singapore and Taiwan!

Mooij

fourfeetnine said...

*looks at readers comments on chicken feet

*slow smile

Anonymous said...

Hi! May I know where did u do your soft gel nails? They look so pretty!

Writer said...

food looks delicious! yum! i don't really like pork but the rice and whatever is poured on top of it looks good.

Jessica said...

LOLOL! The poop marshmallow. The Hello Kitty food looked quite nice, but I'm not surprised the taste was bad...

The fruit looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the rainbow top and purple flare shorts from?